LAKE WYLIE - A sprawling, luxury-home development on Lake Wylie is teaming up with Morningstar Marinas to add a commercial marina. The facility is already under construction at McLean, a 670-acre community on the former homestead of Daniel Stowe in Belmont, according to a news release.
Morningstar will handle day-to-day operations of the marina, its first on Lake Wylie. The company also has three marinas on Lake Norman.
“This marina will combine state-of-the-art technology and a design tailored to the character of McLean,” said developer Steven Hinshaw, noting the area around Lake Wylie “is in the midst of a healthy and rapid growth cycle.”
The marina is at the Seven Oaks Bridge on N.C. Highway 279, near the state line. Plans for a lakeside restaurant on one of three commercial parcels adjacent to that site are still being finalized.
Read more and check out photos of and site plans for the community here.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com
- 2 people dead after shooting at nightclub in Lancaster, officials say
- ‘Stone merchandise' falls on customer at Charlotte business, killing him
- Community rallies in support of high school cheerleaders holding MAGA banner
- 'We will never forgive him': UNCC shooting suspect pleads guilty to killing 2, injuring 4
- ‘Take care of it': NC sheriff accused of plotting murder of deputy over tape of racist comments
© 2019 Cox Media Group.