KANNAPOLIS, N.C. - A man is accused of setting a mobile home on fire while two people were home.
Kannapolis police arrested Marvin Johnson, 55, Wednesday on a first-degree arson charge.
The home on Rosemont Avenue was completely destroyed after it was set on fire at about 3 a.m., officials said.
One person inside the home was treated at a hospital and released. The other occupant was taken to Wake Forest Baptist for evaluation and treatment.
Johnson is in jail on $100,000 bail.
>> Reading this story in our app? The new "Follow the Lead" feature allows you to tap the blue tag indicated with a '+' to subscribe to alerts on the very latest breaking news updates.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 'There's no logical answer': Sheriff offers more details in case of teen killed by dad
- 20-year-old gunned down outside uptown is Charlotte's latest homicide victim
- Mom claims pair posing as Child Protection Services workers tried to take son; police investigating
- FORECAST: Heat returns after first day under 90 degrees in weeks
- Family claims CMS didn’t do enough to protect daughter from sex abuse
© 2019 Cox Media Group.