CHARLOTTE, N.C. - A man is in jail Sunday after police say he set fire to several cars at an apartment complex in North Charlotte.
The fire happened outside the Somerset Apartments on Tara Lane, and it follows two other arson cases nearby in recent months.
The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department arrested 26-year-old David Hudson, charging him with a hit-and-run and burning personal property. There is no indication Hudson has any connection to the previous arson cases.
>> Neighbors say they don’t feel safe after a string of arsons in the area. WATCH above as they talk to Eyewitness News reporter Briana Harper about their concerns.
The fire appeared to start at one car and then spread to other cars. Fortunately, it did not appear to affect the apartment buildings just feet away from where the cars burned.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Country star Travis Tritt's tour bus involved in fatal wreck leaving Myrtle Beach
- Police arrest, charge suspect after man stabbed to death at South End gas station
- 3-year-old girl dies after sexual assault, abuse, police say; stepfather, mother charged
- FORECAST: Another hot, humid day on tap for the area; rain chances remain low
- 'We lost a hero': Thousands say final goodbyes to Savannah police officer from Charlotte
© 2019 Cox Media Group.