CHARLOTTE, N.C. — A man attempted to attack employees on the tarmac after he was threatened to be removed from an American Airlines flight at Charlotte Douglas International Airport Monday afternoon.
Two videos obtained by Channel 9 show the man stripping off his clothes, then punching and chasing airport employees.
When police arrived, they said paramedics were holding the man down on the ground.
The videos show the man charging at an airport employee and hitting him with a plastic traffic wand.
Moments later, he lunged toward a different crew member and swung his fist a couple times while holding his bag with his other hand.
American Airlines officials confirmed the unnamed passenger was disruptive and was threatened with removal from the Cincinnati-bound Flight 5466 out of Charlotte Douglas.
Officials told police the man seemed disoriented and had trouble finding his seat, and when he was threatened to be kicked off the plane, he became agitated and left the plane by running down the access stairs onto the ramp area.
The man walked away toward gate E26.
American Airlines officials told Channel 9 they reached out to law enforcement for assistance handling a disruptive passenger.
Police said the man was taken to a hospital for a mental health evaluation.
He has not been charged.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Rabbit hunters find remains of woman missing for 10 years
- Man shot outside uptown club following unofficial CIAA party, police say
- Juvenile arrested for allegedly making threat against York Co. school
- WATCH: Vicki Graf's Thursday forecast outlook
- Juvenile arrested after social media threats made against Southwest MS
- Rev. Graham's body returns to Charlotte after Washington honor
Cox Media Group