CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Charlotte-Mecklenburg police have identified the man who died after being shot at a southwest Charlotte motel.
The shooting happened at a Motel 6 on South Tryon Street near Woodlawn Road around midnight Wednesday.
Police said they responded to reports of an assault with a deadly weapon at Presbyterian Hospital after a man arrived with a gunshot wound.
Officials said the man was pronounced dead at the hospital.
The victim was later identified as 17-year-old Daquayaon Lavar Brown.
Witnesses who came to the hospital with the victim told police the shooting happened in the parking lot of the Motel 6 on South Tryon Street.
No other information has been released at this time.
This is an ongoing investigation. Check back with wsoctv.com for more information.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- LIVE UPDATES: 'Dangerous' Michael, now a Cat 4 storm, nears Florida Panhandle
- LIVE Local Radar Weather Map
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Wednesday forecast outlook
- Police identify man shot to death in front of business on North Tryon Street
- Massive 2-alarm fire guts southwest Charlotte business
Cox Media Group