MOORESVILLE, N.C. - A man has pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter after a woman died from an overdose in a Mooresville shopping center parking lot.
Police said Justin Kauffman sold 22-year-old Alexandria Leigh McNeely counterfeit pills containing fentanyl before she was found dead in a car on Brawley School Road on Dec. 3, 2017.
Kauffman pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter, selling a Schedule II controlled substance, possession with intent to sell or deliver a Schedule II controlled substance and manufacturing/selling/delivering/possessing a controlled substance within 1,000 feet of a school.
He will spend 87 to 145 months in prison.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 'It's madness down here': 1 dead, 1 hurt in officer-involved shooting at Epicentre
- Family upset after man who killed young mother gets 38-58 months behind bars
- High school football team barred from playoffs after fight on field
- FORECAST: Scattered showers Friday before weekend sunshine
- Private school founder gets federal prison term for role in human trafficking
© 2019 Cox Media Group.