CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, S.C. — A man wanted for murder in the Cheraw area of Chesterfield County has been captured, according to authorities.
Darreus Isaac, 19, was found Thursday morning in a hotel room in Wadesboro, police told Channel 9.
He was arrested and charged with the murder of 23-year-old Daniel Compton, which happened on Dec. 5.
Authorities said Compton was killed at a house on Midway Road just outside of Cheraw off Highway 52.
Officials with the Chesterfield Sheriff’s Office said Isaac and others went into the home to rob Compton and shot him.
The investigation is ongoing.
Return to this story for updates.
>> Reading this story in our app? The new “Follow the Lead” feature allows you to tap the blue tag indicated with a '+' to subscribe to alerts on the very latest breaking news updates.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Lincolnton police find $310K-worth of cocaine during traffic stop
- Charlotte Councilwoman announces she’s running for NC State Treasurer
- Sources: City agrees to provide $110M for MLS team, invites to be sent out for announcement
- WATCH: Tensions rise when councilman’s speech about murdered friend interrupted
- Cam Newton resting after surgery on injured foot
© 2020 Cox Media Group