RANLO, N.C. - A man was reportedly stabbed 17 times on Wednesday afternoon in Ranlo, investigators said.
The suspect, who is the victim’s roommate, was found in the driveway carrying a shotgun.
It happened around 3:30 p.m. on Monterey Park Drive.
The suspect reportedly challenged police officers before he dropped the weapon, officials said.
The man was apprehended but his name has not been released.
Police have not released the victim's condition.
Return to wsoctv.com for updates on this story.
>> Reading this story in our app? The new "Follow the Lead" feature allows you to tap the blue tag indicated with a '+' to subscribe to alerts on the very latest breaking news updates.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Domestic violence suspect arrested after leading police on chase, CMPD says
- DISTRICT 9: Bishop holds onto GOP seat in do-over election
- Father gets 23 years in prison for beating his child to death in Rock Hill
- FORECAST: Another hot day for Charlotte region as heat index nears 100
- People remember learning of 9/11 tragedies with #WhereWereYou
© 2019 Cox Media Group.