CALDWELL COUNTY, N.C. - Fire investigators in Caldwell County are trying to determine what started a house fire that sent a man to a hospital.
Firefighters said when they got to the home on Ramses Drive a man was trying to get his dogs out.
Investigators said he was treated for smoke inhalation after getting out of the home.
At least one of the dogs died in the fire.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Missing 17-year-old didn't return home from work at pizza place; car left at restaurant
- Police identify man found shot to death in driveway in north Charlotte
- Sheriff: 70 targeted in early morning Iredell County drug roundup
- FORECAST: Heat continues to grip region, but fall relief in sight
- Police identify man killed in fall from Myrtle Beach hotel balcony
© 2019 Cox Media Group.