CHARLOTTE, N.C. — A man who officials said wandered away from an assisted living facility in Charlotte has been found dead, according to police.
North Carolina officials had issued a Silver Alert for 62-year-old Samuel Daye after he was spotted walking away from the East Towne Manor Assisted-Living Community on North Sharon Amity Road Sunday.
Police said Daye was found dead Thursday afternoon on Governors Hill Lane.
Authorities said Daye, who was hearing-impaired, also suffered from dementia and was a severe diabetic.
As part of the investigation, the Homicide Unit along with the Medical Examiner's office were notified and will determine if the death was related to a pre-existing medical condition.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Man with dementia missing from Charlotte assisted-living home
- Man killed, woman hospitalized in west Charlotte drive-by shooting
- 12-year-old girl on Go-Kart hit by 2 cars in north Charlotte
- UK leader David Cameron to resign after Brexit humiliation
- 'Top Gun' actress assaulted in North Carolina mountain home, officials say
Cox Media Group