CHARLOTTE, N.C. - About 500 of Atlas Copco’s 2,800 employees in the Carolinas are based in Rock Hill and south Charlotte, where the company has grown from its days as a small factory making compressors and generators sold primarily to business customers instead of consumers.
Now, the Swedish company is growing again but it’s bumping up against a tight labor market, said Fredric Genestout, president of the company’s Power Technique operations.
“We don’t have enough candidates” to fill the 40 openings in the Charlotte region, he said. Some of the jobs have been open for a year. The company needs candidates with skills ranging from IT to assembly and is also looking for a few engineers.
Within the next month, the Rock Hill factory, located at Riverwalk Business Park, will open up another 30 to 40 jobs.
Read more here.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW: Massive water main break in York County
- Deputies identify woman found burned in Chester County ditch
- AMBER ALERT: 3-year-old girl reportedly taken from Greensboro playground
- FORECAST: Sunny skies and mild temps ahead of weekend rain chance
- Van slams into house after trying to pass school bus, CMPD says
© 2019 Cox Media Group.