Channel 9 caught up with Charlotte Mayor Jennifer Roberts early Monday morning from Hong Kong, where she has been traveling the country working to build business partnerships.
Roberts said two major cities have vowed to follow through on business investments in the Charlotte area, and that Charlotte and China have found common ground when it comes to expansion, renewable energy, technology and transportation.
Leaders in China were especially impressed with Charlotte's role as a financial center and what that could mean for potential investors.
“We see great opportunities for creating jobs in Charlotte,” Roberts told Channel 9. “We see great opportunities for directing more Chinese investment in the Charlotte region.”
Charlotte city leaders also spoke about key investment opportunities along the Blue Line Extension up to University City, and future plans at Charlotte Douglas International Airport.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Business owners taking action after 5 stabbed at hookah bar
- Tips pour in after teen taken by teacher triggers nationwide alert
- Busy University City road closed after crash knocks out power to hundreds
- VIDEO: Vicki Graf's first day of spring forecast
- Man on run after attempted 'execution-style' slaying in Badin
© 2018 Cox Media Group.