CHARLOTTE, N.C. — A man was found Tuesday on the bathroom floor at the McDonald’s at Monroe Road and Sardis Road North in southeast Charlotte.
A 911 caller told police that the man had passed out on the floor. The man, later identified as Kristopher Anderson, had heroin mixed fentanyl, police said.
McDonald's was evacuated and the Charlotte Fire Department’s Hazmat unit along with CMPD’s Clandestine Laboratory Response Unit responded to the scene.
More than 10 grams of the suspected heroin was seized.
Anderson was treated at Presbyterian Hospital and was released. He was charged with trafficking heroin.
The McDonald's will remain closed to the public until it is decontaminated by a private company hired by them, police said.
(What you need to know about heroin)
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Police hunt for killer after 2 men shot to death at Charlotte apartments
- McDonald's evacuated after man with heroin passes out in bathroom
- Man found shot to death inside car in east Charlotte neighborhood
- VIDEO: Keith Monday's Wednesday forecast outlook
- Gunman kidnaps NC family, forces them to shop at Durham Target
- WATCH: $5,000 reward offered in slaying of college baseball player
Cox Media Group