CHARLOTTE, N.C. - One person was rushed to the hospital with life-threatening injuries after a van and a school bus collided in west Charlotte early Monday morning.
The bus driver was making a left turn when it collided with the van around 8:20 a.m. on Wilkinson Boulevard near the Interstate 485 ramp, police said.
One person from the minivan was taken to Carolinas Medical Center with life-threatening injuries, according to MEDIC.
Officials with Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools said there was one student on bus 125 at the time. The bus was headed to River Gate Elementary.
The driver and the child were transported with non-life threatening injuries, CMS said.
The inbound lanes of Wilkinson Boulevard were closed while officers investigated.
Check back with wsoctv.com for updates on this story.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- MEDIC: 1 hospitalized after van, school bus collide in west Charlotte
- Divers search for man who jumped from boat on Lake Norman
- Florida man killed in skydiving accident in Chester County
- Student accused of assaulting Harding faculty member to face judge
- Rowan Co. highway closed after car takes out gas line, utility pole
© 2019 Cox Media Group.