A powerful storm known as a "Bomb Cyclone" is impacting most of the Midwest.
These systems can bring strong winter storms, but also dangerous thunderstorms and torndoes.
It has created blizzard conditions in Colorado and destructive tornadoes in Kentucky and Indiana.
Watch the video above as our Meteorologist Jaclyn Shearer takes a closer look at the science behind the system.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Major changes coming to southern stretch of I-485
- Director of human resources for Richmond County charged with trafficking opium
- Husband questioned after body believed to be missing NC woman found
- FORECAST: Highs near 70 and dry before wet weather swings in Friday
- CMPD hands out messages to remind families they do not enforce immigration laws
© 2019 Cox Media Group.