BOONE, N.C. — A man from Boone who had been missing since Tuesday night was found dead.
Lester Trivette, 68, was found Wednesday afternoon on Highway 194 in Watauga County where deputies said he crashed his car.
Deputies said Trivette was not wearing a seatbelt and may have been speeding.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Officer shoots at car that nearly ran him over at airport parking deck
- Military training exercises to take place in 19 counties
- VIDEO: Car smashes into popular south Charlotte store
- Dad detains naked accused child molester at gunpoint at park
- Former NASCAR driver denies he did anything inappropriate in hidden camera case
Cox Media Group