EVANS, Ga. — The suspect wanted in an Amber Alert has been arrested and the teenage girl he allegedly abducted was found safe, officials said late Sunday.
An Amber Alert for 15-year old Calah Waskow was extended to South Carolina last week, but later canceled in that state.
The alert remained active in Georgia until the weekend.
Officials believed the teenager was abducted by Jason Johnson, 37, on Sunday at 10 p.m. in Evans, Georgia.
Calah was believed to be in extreme danger, according to an Amber Alert.
Authorities said Johnson was believed to be driving a tan 1998 Ford Crown Victoria with South Carolina license plate. The tag number is KVJ-240.
Johnson is wanted on charges of aggravated child molestation, child molestation, enticing a child for indecent purposes and contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Dying child gets final visit from Santa, passes away in his arms
- Man stabbed to death in south Charlotte, CMPD says
- University City Blvd. reopened after nails spilled across road
- Abducted Georgia girl found safe, suspect arrested
- Police identify pedestrian struck, killed by car on Independence Blvd.
Cox Media Group