FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. - A 4-year-old girl missing from Fayetteville, North Carolina for nearly a month has been found with human traffickers in Texas.
Police said Carmen Lowe violated a custody order when she took her daughter, Aubriana Recinos, out of state.
They were reported missing on July 8. Thursday, Lowe was arrested in New Orleans on prostitution and theft charges, but Recinos was not with her.
Police and the FBI found her safe in Texas, but with a human trafficking ring.
"The child was pretty much given to a pimp, an associate of the pimp, or family of the pimp for keeping," Fayetteville Police Maj. Robert Ramirez said. "It is a ring. It is a human trafficking ring that the FBI was investigating."
Recinos and her father are expected to come back to Fayetteville Friday night.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Man killed by officer hours after returning to site of domestic violence call
- Granddaughter of Robert and Ethel Kennedy dies at Kennedy compound
- CMS Board names Earnest Winston new superintendent in unanimous vote
- FORECAST: Another round of strong storms as temps cool for weekend
- Woman claims she was sexually assaulted at Ballantyne massage parlor
© 2019 Cox Media Group.