CHARLOTTE - The boyfriend of a missing teacher has yet to turn himself in on a charge that he contributed to the delinquency of a minor.
Police have not called Angelo Grayson Smith Jr. a suspect in the disappearance of Bianca Tanner in early June but they appear to be turning up the pressure on him by signing the warrant Friday.
Police sources confirm that the juvenile referred to in the warrant is Bianca Tanner’s 3-year-old son, who had told police that he had seen Smith assaulting his mother.
In a search warrant obtained by Eyewitness News on June 16, police said the boy told them, “Mommy got a spanking with the belt. Angelo kicked mommy’s butt and made her cry.”
No one answered the door Monday at the apartment on Druid Circle where Tanner and Smith were living when she disappeared and Tanner’s mother did not return a phone call from Eyewitness News.
Read coverage on Tanner's case:
- June 16: Missing teacher's son told police boyfriend 'hurt mommy in the face'
- June 15: Police, family, friends search for missing teacher
- June 13:Family of missing teacher Bianca Tanner in Charlotte to help search
- June 12: Search for missing teacher now homicide investigation
- June 10: Police seeking public’s help to find missing teacher