CHARLOTTE, N.C. - A tower that will rise above most of Ballantyne has begun construction.
Charlotte-based Panorama Holdings last week broke ground on a 14-story, vertical mixed-use development that will include a 186-room AC Hotel by Marriott, nearly 100,000 square feet of office space and a rooftop restaurant and bar in one building at 14819 Ballantyne Village Way. The project, Panorama Tower, is expected to deliver in early 2021.
Jane Wu, president of Panorama Holdings, said her firm has been interested in doing a project in the Ballantyne area for some time, believing there’s demand for new office space and hotel rooms.
“It will be nice for the tenants to have something more trendy, more modern,” Wu said, adding the goal is to create space that coworking and similar types of tenants gravitate to — notably, Ballantyne is one of the few office submarkets in Charlotte that doesn’t have a major coworking group. Wu said the office space could accommodate one single tenant or multiple companies.
Read the full story and check out more renderings here.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Person dies after jet ski crash on Lake Norman, officials say
- Crews responding to crash involving NC trooper on motorcycle in west Charlotte
- NC father killed after wave off Oak Island broke neck to donate organs
- FORECAST: Last day of heat wave before cold front, storms move in
- Deputies: 4-wheeler rider shot, killed after reportedly running two people over
© 2019 Cox Media Group.