MOORESVILLE, N.C. - Lowe's announced it is cutting and relocating jobs in Charlotte that will affect 800 employees.
The Mooresville-based home improvement company said more than 200 employees will be laid off and about 600 jobs will be moved to their headquarters in Mooresville.
The company said they are consolidating their workforce and offering serverance packages for anyone who doesn't want to move.
Earlier this month, fed-up managers sued Lowe's claiming they are being cheated out of money they have earned.
The lawsuit claims they are being asked to work off the clock, during lunch, and when their at home.
The company spokeperson said the changes and the lawsuit are unrelated.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Fiery crash ends chase in York County; 2 killed, 1 injured, troopers say
- Investigators in hazmat suits called to Mooresville home where 2 men died
- Armed robbers terrorize store employees at The Arboretum
- ‘Glass exploded in my face': Road rage victim says he has guardian angel
- Woman beats underwear-clad man with bat after she finds him breaking into car
© 2019 Cox Media Group.