CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Florence has many people in the Carolinas talking about Hurricane Hugo. It was a historic storm that many people in Charlotte still remember 29 years later.
Just like we are now, Channel 9 was there to bring you updates and keep your family safe.
Watch the video above as a group of WSOC-TV legends reflects on the storm and the lessons learned.
- Birds thrown from vehicle while being transported from the coast
- 'We are coming to get you': Crews work to rescue residents from rising flood waters
- 'Threat becomes reality': Florence begins days of rain, wind
- 2 years after disastrous flood, Florence scares small town
- Verizon Wireless, other companies offer free service to those impacted by storm
- Florence and the coastal dilemma: How long will it hover?
- 4 people arrested for break-ins after Hurricane Florence evacuations, sheriff says
© 2019 Cox Media Group.