CHARLOTTE, N.C. — It is a big week for NASCAR as teams return to Charlotte for this weekend's Bank of America Roval 400.
Race week gets underway Monday with a cycling race to benefit "Game Plan for Life."
Cyclists can choose to pedal seven laps around the Roval or they can do a 36-mile or a 76-mile route.
Monday's event will begin at 9 a.m. at the Charlotte Motor Speedway.
The race will be Sunday at 2 p.m. It will be the first playoff road course in NASCAR history.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- FBI involved in search for missing Gaston County boy with special needs
- Firefighters surprise 3-year-old with birthday party after guests cancel
- I-95 reopens but hundreds of NC roads still closed post Florence
- WATCH: Jaclyn Shearer's Monday forecast outlook
- 'She never put herself before anyone': Cross country runner dies after collapsing at Charlotte meet