WEAVERVILLE, N.C. — A North Carolina couple in their 70s has lost almost 400 pounds together after they said they received divine inspiration to get healthy.
Becky and Donnie Hensley live in Weaverville and their home has a lot of their old pictures, showing how much they weighed seven years ago.
Becky said the inspiration to get healthy came to her while saying her prayers.
"I was praying, and the lord spoke to me, and said, 'Go find Donnie, and ask him to go to Weight Watchers with you,'" Becky said.
Through the buddy system, they dieted and went to the gym together.
The Hensleys said they're happier now that they’re able to do simple things like tying their shoes and walking.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 6 gang members with ties to Lake Wylie couple's slayings sentenced
- Family warns of dangers after 21-year-old dies of flu complications
- WATCH: Gators poke snouts out of ice to survive cold at NC park
- CMPD: Alcohol a factor in crash that killed 1, injured 3 north of uptown
- VIDEO: Keith Monday's Tuesday forecast update
- School and business closing alerts
Cox Media Group