• NC mom to leave hospital after CO accident kills 2 kids

    Updated:

    CHARLOTTE, N.C. - A North Carolina mother is expected to leave the hospital this weekend after a deadly carbon monoxide incident that killed her two children.

    On Wednesday, Kathryn Gilliam was found unconscious and her two children, a 7-year-old and 8-year-old, died in the home.

    Investigators say the family had just moved in a day before, didn't have electricity and were using a generator to power their refrigerator.

    Investigators think Gilliam got up in the middle of the night to turn it off when she collapsed from the fumes.

    Funeral arrangements have not yet been set for the children.


    Next Up:


  • Headline Goes Here

    NC mom to leave hospital after CO accident kills 2 kids

  • Headline Goes Here

    Mother, father charged after 2-year-old boy dies in Rock Hill

  • Headline Goes Here

    Video shows boy nearly drown at North Myrtle Beach resort

  • Headline Goes Here

    Clean-up underway after flash flooding, trees toppled across region

  • Headline Goes Here

    A movie, popcorn and a drink for $10? Tuesday AMC deal is making it happen