NORLINA, N.C. — North Carolina police say a Charlotte man wanted for killing his son and critically wounding his ex-wife before using Facebook to admit to the attack has been found dead in a South Carolina motel room.
Norlina Police Chief Taylor Bartholomew tells media outlets in Raleigh, North Carolina, that law enforcers tracked Earl Valentine's cellphone to Richmond, Virginia, on Wednesday morning. Bartholomew says Valentine was visiting his father's grave.
The chief says police then tracked Valentine to Columbia, South Carolina, where U.S. Marshals found him dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
Valentine was charged with murder in the shooting of his 15-year-old son early Tuesday. Police say the teenager was killed when he tried to stop Valentine from shooting Keisha Valentine.
Bartholomew says Keisha Valentine remains in critical condition.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Pregnant woman shot to death inside south Charlotte apartment
- Greensboro man grabs machete, chases clown into woods
- CMS, CMPD investigating social media threat against Phillip O. Berry Academy
- Mystery newlyweds in breathtaking Yosemite picture come forward
- Authorities charge man after teen shot in Carowinds parking lot