GASTON COUNTY, N.C. - The North Carolina Department of Transportation is holding two public meetings to lay out its plan to improve a 10 mile stretch of Interstate 85 in Gaston County.
The project will impact the interstate from N.C. 273 in Mount Holly to U.S. 321 in Gastonia.
The plan includes widening the interstate from six to eight lanes, relocating or replacing roadway and railroad overpasses and upgrading interchanges.
Officials hope the project will address future traffic headaches on the busy highway.
NCDOT is holding the below public meetings:
- 4 p.m.- 7 p.m. Tuesday in the Wheeler Center/Gym at Belmont-Abbey College: Belmont Mt. Holly Road
- 4 p.m.- 7 p.m. Wednesday at the Gastonia Conference Center: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Way
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Horrified NC mom watches son, boyfriend drown as rip current drags them out to sea
- 1 killed, 2 others injured when car slams into pole on I-77 in Huntersville
- Mom of 5 slain South Carolina children sobs on stand at ex-husband's trial
- FORECAST: Short term relief from humidity before heat wave rolls in
- CMPD: Man caught moaning, peeping through woman's bedroom window
© 2019 Cox Media Group.