CHARLOTTE, N.C. - It will be a little easier to drive on the John Belk Freeway for the next few days.
Bridge work that has been going on for months has been causing major backups along Interstate 77 northbound getting onto the Outer Loop of the John Belk.
But, NCDOT has suspended the work and picked up the barricades Wednesday night and will come back after the Easter holiday.
Watch the video above as Traffic Team 9's Mark Taylor hits the road and shows us the lanes are back open.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Investigators in hazmat suits called to Mooresville home where 2 men died
- Armed robbers terrorize store employees at The Arboretum
- ‘Glass exploded in my face': Road rage victim says he has guardian angel
- FORECAST: Humidity arrives Thursday; severe weather on the horizon
- Woman beats underwear-clad man with bat after she finds him breaking into car
© 2019 Cox Media Group.