HICKORY, N.C. - A dryer fire at a home in Hickory Saturday afternoon caused significant damage to the home, but no injuries to anyone inside, authorities said.
The Hickory Fire Department said the home, at 1639 C Avenue SE had “heavy” damages “due to the construction and renovations to the house, which made extinguishing the fire difficult.”
Officials described the home as a "total loss."
HFD said a neighbor helped move a person who was in a wheelchair from the porch during the fire.
The Red Cross is assisting the residents who lived in the home.
HFD says fire investigators determined a dryer started the electrical fire.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Police: Man stabbed to death in South End gas station parking lot
- Police: Suspect, victim likely knew each other in University City shooting
- CMPD officer charged with giving 1-year-old, 6-year-old alcohol
- FORECAST: Rain chances low as temperatures climb into the 90s
- Hurricane season is weeks away, but storm could be brewing in Atlantic
© 2019 Cox Media Group.