CHARLOTTE, N.C. - This Harrisburg brewery aims to deliver a neighborhood taproom, with a focus on community.
Pharr Mill Brewing Co. celebrates its grand opening on March 16. The brewery occupies a 1,800-square-foot space at 105 Oakley Drive in Harrisburg.
It took three tries for owners Alston Richardson and Kevin Bitner to find the right space.
“We started seeing the possibilities of what it could become,” Bitner says.
The longtime friends have invested roughly $400,000 to make Pharr Mill a reality. The name is tied to the town’s historic grain mill.
“We just want a place for people in Harrisburg to relax and come to enjoy themselves,” Richardson says. Expect live music, food trucks and fundraisers to support various initiatives.
Read more about the venture and see photos of the space here.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Woman charged in 16-year-old's death after providing teens with alcohol, officials say
- Owner, 3 employees arrested in connection with Charlotte club homicide during statewide bust
- Reality TV star, Charlotte club owner arrested on fraud charges in Miami
- FORECAST: Skies dry out as frigid air moves in across the Carolinas
- Police identify suspect accused of shooting man inside elevator of uptown Charlotte hotel
© 2019 Cox Media Group.