CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Hawkers Asian Street Fare expects to open in Charlotte’s South End in late January.
Construction is nearing completion on that nearly 5,000-square-foot restaurant at the Design Center of the Carolinas complex, says Kaleb Harrell, co-founder.
That location marks the Orlando, Florida-based concept’s first location in North Carolina.
“We love South End and the very urban feel it has to it. It’s very walkable with some great options within a stone’s throw of each other,” Harrell says.
Construction on that space — an estimated $1.7 million project — should wrap in December. Harrell anticipates hiring will begin next month.
Read more here.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Rocky River HS athlete killed in crash along Lawyers Road in Mint Hill
- Rivera tells Panthers to get away from football after loss to Steelers
- DNA links man to crime at local hospital to shooting in Florida
- WATCH: Jaclyn Shearer's Saturday forecast outlook
- DAY 6: FBI offers $20K reward in case of kidnapped Lumberton teen
© 2018 Cox Media Group.