CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Authorities said nobody was hurt following what appeared to be a drive-by shooting near a McDonald's and Royal Inn on Reagan Drive near Sugar Creek Drive Wednesday night.
Charlotte-Mecklenburg police said Reagan Drive was shut down around 10:30 p.m. as officers worked to collect shell casings.
Witnesses told police that people inside a vehicle fired several shots. CMPD said they believe the shots were fired at a particular person, but have not been able to find a victim.
Check back with wsoctv.com for updates on this story.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Statesville tries to stop RV dealership from flying massive American flag
- Driver charged after deadly crash with bus carrying preschoolers in Stanly Co.
- 'You're in a panic': Charlotte family shaken after road rage incident
- FORECAST: Mild temps provide short term relief as heat wave approaches
- Sting operation nets 14 accused of stealing from Matthews Lowe's
© 2019 Cox Media Group.