CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Fewer tests for your children at school -- a lot of parents and students agree, it would be a welcome change.
One parent told Channel 9 there is too much focus on testing and not enough on learning so she is open to the changes for her daughter's sake.
"It's not that she doesn't know the material, she has very good grades, but when it comes to that test, she freaks out," mother Ericka Miller said.
With two bills moving through Congress, North Carolina lawmakers are looking to cut some testing as soon as this coming school year.
Watch the video above as Channel 9's Elsa Gillis breaks down how the change could affect your child.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- WATCH: Shark boldly swims along SC shore, feet away from beachgoers
- Driver hits two women in uptown before crashing on railroad tracks, police say
- CMPD investigating after man hit, killed by light rail train in University City
- FORECAST: Heat, humidity, afternoon storm chances again the story
- Gaston County man says he was tied up during home invasion, robbery
© 2019 Cox Media Group.