CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (AP) — An Orange County man is being treated in a Chapel Hill hospital after he was bitten by a cobra snake.
A spokesman form University of North Carolina Hospitals told local media outlets Tuesday that Ali Iyoob is in critical condition in the hospital's intensive care unit.
Hospital spokesman Tom Hughes said Iyoob was brought to the hospital Monday night.
Emergency Medical Service workers say Iyoob was bitten at his home and the snake is apparently a pet.
The county animal services agency said in a statement that it has been to Iyoob's home and the reptiles are secure and there is no danger to the public.
No other information has been released.
Read more at WTVD by clicking here.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Fire marshal sheds light on fallen firefighter's final moments
- Report: Carowinds guest shoved ride operator to retrieve phone from tracks
- WATCH: High school softball team loses championship while they celebrate
- CMPD: Woman shot in front yard in northwest Charlotte
- 9 investigates assaults on Lanesboro prison staff members
Cox Media Group