CHARLOTTE, N.C. - The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department said an off-duty officer is OK after a driver hit their patrol car in a construction zone.
The incident happened just before 1:30 a.m. Thursday on Interstate 77 northbound near the Brookshire Freeway.
Police said the officer was in a marked patrol car and that no injuries were reported.
Police have not released the name of the driver or what charges they might face.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- High school senior escorted off stage after dancing during graduation
- Teens accused of killing beloved college baseball player to appear in court
- Feds raid several locations in NC & SC in massive drug operation
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Thursday forecast outlook
- Kroger closures in North Carolina to affect 1,500 workers
© 2018 Cox Media Group.