A 21-year-old woman died Thursday afternoon in a wreck on Pavilion Boulevard near the PNC Music Pavilion, Charlotte-Mecklenburg police said.
Haylee Christine Hilton, 21 was driving a 2013 Hyundai Sonata northbound when she drove off the right side of the roadway and into a culvert.
The vehicle went airborne before coming to a rest on its roof. Hilton was not restrained and was pinned inside of the vehicle. She died as a result of the wreck.
Speed was a contributing factor, police said.
It is not known at this time if alcohol or texting contributed to the crash.
No other vehicles were involved.
Read more top trending stories from wsoctv.com:
- Concord man arrested for not returning VHS rental 14 years later
- Drive a bit over the limit? North Carolina says that's too fast
- Busy Iredell County highway closed after deadly crash
- Police warn to keep vehicles locked after rash of bear break-ins
- SC mother says 11-year-old son died during 'pass-out game'
- McCrory signs bill striking down Charlotte LGBT bathroom ordinance
Cox Media Group