UNION COUNTY, N.C. - Deputies are trying to determine what led to a man being stabbed to death Wednesday evening in Union County.
Investigators told Channel 9 that a passing motorist called 911 after being flagged down by a man covered in blood. That man told them that another man had been stabbed.
When deputies got to the scene at the home on Waxhaw-Indian Trail Road, just north of Wesley Chapel, they found Steven Patrick Nicotera, 32, and paramedics pronounced him dead.
Deputies said they know who was involved in the stabbing, telling Channel 9 that Nicotera and another man were involved in a dispute before the stabbing.
Authorities are waiting for autopsy results before deciding if charges will be filed.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Top House GOP leader shot at congressional baseball practice
- Lincoln Co. woman says nail salon denied service due to her weight
- VIDEO: Massive fire engulfs London high-rise building
- I-85 partially reopened after deadly crash involving 2 tractor-trailers
- Caldwell County nursing home issued suspension after violations found
- WATCH: Vicki Graf and Christine Rapp's forecast outlook
© 2018 Cox Media Group.