CHARLOTTE, N.C. - The North Carolina Center for Missing Persons issued a Silver Alert for a 16-year-old girl they believe may be in danger.
Officials are asking the public to be on the lookout for Alonzia Briscoe, who is believed to be suffering from a cognitive impairment.
Authorities said Briscoe was last seen at 1000 Blythe Boulevard, which is Levine Children's Hospital. They said she was wearing a red hooded sweatshirt with black tights. Officials said she is 5 feet 5 inches tall and weighs 190 pounds, with blond hair and brown eyes.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department at (704) 336-2373.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Pair arrested for squatting in Davidson home accused of squatting in Charlotte house
- Dirty dishes, roaches among more than a dozen violations reported at popular uptown restaurant
- 16-year-old charged in Huntersville head-on crash that killed woman, 2 dogs
- WATCH: Severe Weather Center 9's Friday forecast outlook
- 'It's what we prayed for': Jayme Closs' relatives relieved after Wisconsin teen found safe
© 2019 Cox Media Group.