CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Police are looking for whoever shot a man early TA 29-year-old man is accused of kicking in a front door and shooting his roommate Thursday in east Charlotte, the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department said.
Witnesses said they saw Marquis Gaines and another person force their way into the home on Michigan Avenue near Eastway Drive.
After the shooting, the intruders fled in a vehicle and when CMPD tried to pull them over, a chase began.
The short pursuit ended on Herrin Avenue when Gaines and the other person jumped out of the vehicle and ran off.hursday in east Charlotte.
The shooting happened just before 3 a.m. at an apartment complex on Michigan Avenue, near Eastway Drive.
Gaines was quickly apprehended, police said.
Channel 9 crews captured video of paramedics as they loaded the shooting victim into an ambulance. Police said that person was shot in the leg and will survive.
He was charged with a slew of crimes including:
- Two counts of first-degree burglary
- Robbery with a dangerous weapon
- Conspiracy to commit robbery with a dangerous weapon
- Assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury
- Possession of a firearm by a convicted felon
- Possession of a stolen firearm
- Communicating threats
- Resist/delay/obstruct a public officer.
- The investigation is ongoing
Police said that the roommate was shot in the leg and will survive.
Check back with wsoctv.com for updates on this story.
© 2020 © 2020 Cox Media Group