YORK COUNTY, S.C. — One person is dead after a crash on Interstate 77 in York County.
Officials said the crash happened around midnight Friday in the northbound lanes on I-77, south of Carowinds.
Troopers said a tire came off the car in the northbound lanes. The car then flipped and crashed into the concrete barrier, killing the driver.
Officials from the York County Coroner's Office identified the driver as 31-year-old Jennifer Hough. Investigators said Hough was unrestrained and ejected from the vehicle.
The tire landed in the southbound lanes and hit another car.
That driver was not injured.
Traffic in the area is clear.
No other information has been released.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- FLORENCE UPDATES: Category 1 hurricane makes landfall near Wrightsville Beach
- 'We are coming to get you': Crews work to rescue residents from rising flood waters
- FLORENCE ARRIVES: Watch these must-see livestreams of the Carolina coast
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Friday forecast outlook
- One killed in crash on I-77, south of Carowinds in York County
Cox Media Group