MOORESVILLE, N.C. - Emergency crews are investigating a crash on Interstate 77 in Iredell County that left one person hurt and a car split in half.
The crash happened around 2 a.m. Tuesday in the southbound lanes of I-77 near Rankin Hill Road in Mooresville.
Iredell County officials said one person was taken to Carolinas Medical Center in Charlotte, but there is no word on their condition.
Channel 9 was there as crews loaded both halves of the car onto the bed of a tow truck.
The crash shut down I-77 southbound for more than an hour while crews investigated and cleared the scene.
Authorities have not said what caused the crash.
No other information has been released.
This is an ongoing investigation. Check back with wsoctv.com for more information.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- CATS bus driver shot several times at uptown transit center; man in custody
- Trooper critically hurt in crash while chasing car; search continues for driver
- Former NASCAR promoter Humpy Wheeler puts lakefront property on market
- FORECAST: Cold front, strong storms cut off relentless heatwave
- Missing ECU student found dead near Wrightsville Beach
© 2019 Cox Media Group.