LINCOLNTON, N.C. — A 1-year-old child was injured Friday afternoon in a serious wreck on South Generals Boulevard near the Oaks Apartments in Lincolnton.
Jaylah Kassidy Hart died over the weekend, her mother told Channel 9. Her family said Jaylan's organs were donated and saved the lives of three children.
The child was inside a vehicle that was stopped for a funeral procession when it was rear-ended, officials said.
"My son and I heard a large crash,” witness Kim Travis said. “We didn't hear any screeching of any brakes or anything. Just a large crash and the woman was screaming, ‘My baby, my baby.’"
The child's mother said Jaylah was in a car seat at the time of the wreck.
There was no word yet if any charges would be filed in the wreck.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Teenager arrested after 2 found dead in Gaston County home
- MUST-SEE: CATS video shows car slam into back of bus
- Massive tiger shark caught for 2nd time near Hilton Head Island
- Four men charged in connection to Shelby shooting that injured 4-year-old girl
- Man survives vicious python attack while on toilet
Cox Media Group