CHARLOTTE, N.C. - The Anti-Defamation League honored law enforcement heroes from Charlotte for fighting against domestic and international terrorism at the ADL Shield Awards, the organization announced in a news release.
FBI Charlotte employees received the ADL SHIELD Award Thursday in Washington for their work on the Justin Sullivan case.
Sullivan is serving two life sentences, one for brutally murdering his neighbor and another for plotting to kill 1,000 people.
The 2018 ADL SHIELD Award recipients also included personnel from the Alexandria Police Department, the Baltimore County Police Department, and the FBI in Richmond.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Kannapolis police arrest man in connection with death of 17-day-old baby
- Police: Toddler badly hurt after ambulance hit by drunk driver dies
- After 20 years, woman admits to kidnapping baby, raising her in SC
- WATCH: Keith Monday’s Tuesday forecast outlook
- Feds: Military impersonator in NC used helicopter to impress woman
© 2018 Cox Media Group.