GASTON COUNTY, N.C. - An overturned-tractor trailer has closed 3 northbound lanes on Interstate 85 in Gaston County.
Traffic is able to get through the one remaining lane open.
We first updated WSOCTV news app users with a notification just after 8:15 a.m. Wednesday to let you know how to avoid this traffic mess and what alternate routes to take.
Download the WSOCTV news app for your smartphone and get updates on this developing story as they come in.
The accident happened just after 8 a.m. prior to US 321 between exit 14 and exit 17 in Gastonia.
The road is blocked at mile marker 15 with the indicated detour.
Officials recommend drivers take exit 10 and continue on US-74 for approximately eight miles. Then, make a left onto NC-279 and continue on this for an about a half mile to reaccess I-85.
No injuries were reported with this accident.
There are several other accidents across I-85 creating traffic headaches for commuters during morning rush hour.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Man accused of recording girls on his yacht in Myrtle Beach back in jail
- Test of Trump loyalty topples South Carolina's Mark Sanford
- U.S. Rep. Robert Pittenger sues neighbors claiming their new house will be too big
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Wednesday forecast outlook
- Wife of man hospitalized after possible road rage shooting: 'We are lucky'
© 2018 Cox Media Group.