MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. - Two people accused of throwing a Molotov cocktail in the parking lot of a Myrtle Beach motel were arrested in Charlotte, according to our sister station WPDE.
Police said Jonathan Jordan, 32, and Ashley Konen, 24, were arrested in Charlotte.
Surveillance video reportedly shows two people in a gold Buick LeSabre leaving the White Sands Motel parking lot at 8:20 p.m. Friday and returning 10 minutes later.
Police said the driver backed up quickly, lit the Molotov cocktail on fire and threw it into the parking lot.
One witness told police she chatted with the suspects earlier that day for a couple of hours. She gave them $20, and they left.
She said she then received a disturbing text from them.
“We ain’t playing. She better be ready,” it reportedly said.
She said Jordan and Konen returned a short time later.
One witness was able to get a good look at the car and take note of the license plate number.
Police said the suspects, both originally from Iowa, drove nearly 190 miles from Myrtle Beach to Charlotte after the incident.
Jordan and Konen are in the Mecklenburg County Jail awaiting extradition on charges of arson and use of an incendiary device.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Two North Carolina children shot in road rage incident involving father
- No arrests made following late night shooting in northwest Charlotte
- Fort Bragg soldier dies in 'freak accident' while skydiving
- FORECAST: Grab a jacket! Chilly temperatures to start workweek
- It's official: CLT is losing its flight to Havana
© 2019 Cox Media Group.