CHARLOTTE, N.C. - For many people, Jennifer King is becoming a familiar face on the Carolina Panthers' sideline.
She's already made history as the NFL team's first female coaching intern and is back for a second season.
King is a former quarterback and wide receiver in a women’s tackle football league.
"I've had people come up to me or message me saying that their little girl wants to coach football now. She wants to play football. How cool is that?" said King.
Watch the video above to hear how King got her start in sports and how she's now using her experience on the field to help teach players.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Deputies: 2 dead, including 11-year-old boy, after mobile home set on fire
- 8-year-old boy bitten by shark at Bald Head Island
- Lucky break helps teen survive surprise ray strike off Hilton Head
- FORECAST: Monday kicks off week of rainy, muggy weather across region
- Retired UNC professor dead after disappearing during NY swim race
© 2019 Cox Media Group.