CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Even though he won’t be suiting up for the Panthers in the fall for the first time in 15 years, former linebacker Thomas Davis is still giving back to the community he now calls home.
Davis hosted a youth football camp on Saturday for more than 700 kids at Garinger High School. It’s a part of his “Defending Dreams” Foundation.
Davis said it’s important that kids and families in Charlotte know he remains committed to their success.
“(I’m) definitely looking forward to this new chapter in my life, but … Charlotte is always going to be home and we’re gonna always pour into this community.”
Davis is also hosting his 4th annual charity golf tournament on Sunday.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Police: Man stabbed to death in South End gas station parking lot
- Police: Suspect, victim likely knew each other in University City shooting
- CMPD officer charged with giving 1-year-old, 6-year-old alcohol
- FORECAST: Rain chances low as temperatures climb into the 90s
- Hurricane season is weeks away, but storm could be brewing in Atlantic
© 2019 Cox Media Group.