FORT MILL, S.C. - The parent company of Carowinds, Cedar Fair, is facing a $42,000 fine after a worker's hand was severed earlier this year.
A contractor was inspecting the Windseeker ride in March when the incident happened at the top of the ride, 300 feet in the air.
The South Carolina Occupational Safety and Health Administration fined Carowinds in September, listing six serious issues. Each one led to a $7,000 fine.
OSHA records showed that Carowinds filed paperwork to contest those fines.
"At Carowinds, nothing is more important than safety, as it is at the core of everything we do. We take these citations seriously and are responding accordingly to OSHA," Carowinds said in a statement.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 2 Cook Out employees fired after NC officer reportedly denied service
- 2 juveniles escape from Concord youth development center
- Arby's franchise issues ultimatum to parents: Control children or be asked to leave
- FORECAST: Pleasant start to workweek before blast of cold air arrives
- McCaffrey distraught after stopped at goal line as Panthers lose in Lambeau
© 2019 Cox Media Group.