FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. — David Cassidy of "The Partridge Family" fame has at age 67.
Publicist JoAnn Geffen released a statement Tuesday evening saying Cassidy had died "surrounded by those he loved." No further details were immediately available, but Geffen said on Saturday that Cassidy was in a Fort Lauderdale, Florida, hospital suffering from organ failure.
The teen and pre-teen idol starred in the 1970s sitcom and sold millions of records as the musical group's lead singer.
(PHOTO: Getty Images)
"The Partridge Family" aired from 1970-74 and was intended at first as a vehicle for Shirley Jones, the Oscar winning actress and Cassidy's stepmother. Jones played Shirley Partridge, a widow with five children with whom she forms a popular act that travels on a psychedelic bus. The cast featured Cassidy as eldest son and family heartthrob Keith Partridge.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Driver found guilty of second-degree murder in crash that killed server
- Neighbors told to stay inside after suspicious package found in mailbox
- New letter from infamous hijacker D.B. Cooper leads to accusations of FBI cover-up
- CMPD identifies 19-year-old victim in Charlotte's 80th homicide of 2017
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Tuesday forecast outlook
- Passenger high on 'loveboat' shoots, kills driver on interstate, police say
- What became of Charles Manson's 'family'? A look at the killers' lives 48 years later