COLUMBIA, S.C. - There is a push to pay college athletes to play in California and now, it’s being considered in South Carolina.
South Carolina lawmakers Justin Bamberg and Marlon Kimpson said they are ready to file a bill to open the door for student-athletes to get paid for their names, images and likenesses.
In the video at the top of this webpage, the latest in that effort and what pros have to say about it.
>> Reading this story in our app? The new "Follow the Lead" feature allows you to tap the blue tag indicated with a '+' to subscribe to alerts on the very latest breaking news updates.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Teenage boy stabbed while jogging on trail in Weddington, sheriff says
- 'It's embarrassing': Bucs use goal-line stand to beat Panthers 20-14
- CMPD: Driver killed in west Charlotte crash may have had medical condition
- Man hit, killed by SUV in west Charlotte; roadway closed
- MUST SEE: Bystanders rescue woman from raging north Charlotte house fire
© 2019 Cox Media Group.